basically, anyone reading this knows that tumblr + studying = difficult. we’re all procrastinators. so i thought i’d share my favorite ways to crack down, not suck, and make it through finals week. you’ll need
- this or this. it’ll whip your ass into gear. you name a list of websites that distract you, set a timer, and bam. no more hour long study breaks. the best - or worst - part is, it can’t be undone by the application, by deleting the application, or by restarting the computer. you just gotta wait, and if you’re going to wait, you may as well study.
- goals. when you sit down to study, write down everything you’re going to do. then do it. aimlessly staring at your books won’t do shit.
- something to listen to. i suggest movie scores, song covers by the vitamin string quartet, or white noise.
- a queue. if you’re really obsessed with keeping your blog up to date, set aside some time, fatten up your queue, and let your blog run itself for a few days.
- breaks. during your breaks, dance, run around, work out, go for a walk, talk to your friends, call your mom. going back on the internet is an easy way to get out of the mood, so i wouldn’t suggest it.
- tea and coffee - if not for the caffeine, then for the feeling of cozying up with your text books and feeling studious.
- a place to study. it doesn’t matter if it’s in a coffee house, a library, or your kitchen table. as long as your bed’s not in sight and tempting you into a nap, you’re good.
that’s all i’ve got. i’d try to think of more, but that, my friends, would be procrastinating. off to study.
bringing this back because IT’S THAT TIME AGAIN
So today was the first day back after coming back from London, aka one of the greatest cities in the world, on Sunday night… it was great. It was fantastic. It was incredible. I can’t even begin to describe how amazing everything was. There were a couple of rough patches, mainly to do with the transportation issues hahaha, but it was all good. I couldn’t have asked for a better week. It really is a beautiful city, and I know for sure that I’ll come back one day. I miss it so much!
The plays we watched were 39 Steps, Macbeth, Les Mis, Wicked, Sister Act, Women Beware Women, War Horse, and Thriller Live. I’ve been doing some research (to procrastinate on studying for finals? teehee) and am surprised at how famous these actors that we met actually are. I only have a couple of pictures with a couple of actors, but I’ve got signatures, and I’m like… wow, they’re actually really famous in the UK, just not anywhere else… as far as I know haha. So that was a nice surprise. Following a few on twitter now. :)
Anyway, this week is going to be hell for me. I’ve got a Bio and Math final on Friday, SAT2s on Saturday, and two more finals next final. Hah.. hahaa.. ah laksjd.
I’ve been quite annoyed today though. There’s this girl, who’s probably the smartest in our grade, who kept on complaining about her SAT score (for US History) during APUSH today, and she got an extremely good score. And it was pissing me off because mine, along with everyone else’s, was crap, and she was busy complaining about how she was tired, and how she did so bad, and went on and on about IB classes for next year… I mean, I love this girl. She’s incredibly sweet and friendly, and fun to talk to, but when it comes to studies, she really gets on my nerves. She doesn’t know how lucky she is. :/
Alright, rant over. Posting a few pictures now :) Wish me luck for this week!
That’s Craig Vye (Donalbain/Young Seyward in Macbeth) :D <3
George Ure (Boq from Wicked), who is made up of absolute adorbs :)
The groupie at Tower Bridge :)